Lickity and Split

Lickity and Split
Sharing a bed

Monday, January 25, 2010

Language

Roo's have a language all their own. When they are stressed or upset they hiss. When they are happy and jumping around the make a clicking noise. We run around the yard with them and when they want us to wait up or get excited they click at us. Lick especially likes Adam, he follows him everywhere. When they want to get in the pouch they stand on their hind legs and try to climb into a pouch. They are getting more and more adventurous every day. Today they were running around all over the yard, they are so fast. Split is really getting his jumping legs, it is so cute to watch them learn.

Lick is really attached to me, he follows me around the house and he gives me kisses when I talk to him. He also tries to groom me.

Right now we are trying to keep them in seperate pouches, without much success (because of Lick's eye infection). Split is always trying to clean him. In fact, they groom each other and are learning to play together. Being in the same pouch is a little crowded at first and the hiss or swear at each other. But once they are comfortable they are fine. The are inseperable.

Lick is learning to answer to his name and comes when I call him. Split is a little younger but he is learning fast.

I love how affectionate they are. They drink very well from their bottles, even though they make a mess! I must say this is the best idea I have had here in Australia!

No comments:

Post a Comment