Sunday, January 24, 2010
Trouble in paradise
We found out today that Lick has a problem with his eye. He got a scratch on it a week ago and it seemed to heal, but this morning it was swollen. I took him to the Wildlife Association and she looked at it with a torch (a flashlight) and it was white, like a cataract. We are hoping it is just pink eye but are preparing for the worst. If it is permanent he will be blind in that eye and might not be able to be released to the wild. They have places they can take him, but if that is the case I would like to keep him as long as we are up here. Please, everyone pray for him, that he gets better. It breaks my heart to see him hurt, funny how quickly we bond to animals, since I haven't been able to have a baby I guess the love that Heavenly Father gives us to care for children transfers to those helpless animals we care for. I know, this is a lot to share and Adam will say it is too personal, but who cares, I needed to share. Thanks for listening.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I love the names! More about what roo's are like, the talking, their characteristics. I love that they are bonding with you!
ReplyDeleteThanks so much for sharing your adventure! I hope Lickity's eye gets better!!!
ReplyDeleteThat is sweet! That's so fun!! I wish that I could get up close with them too. =) Let's hope Lickety's eye heals up! Nevertheless, God's will be done.
ReplyDelete